My editor and I decided to share a freebie story to help celebrate the season of love.
This tale should probably be rated “R” so you have been warned.
Please feel free to tell us what you think of betterthanchocolates_final1
This tale is being released under a Creative Commons license so feel free in passing it around to your adult friends.
I am releasing BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE under a Creative Commons non-commercial, non-derivative work license. For an official explanation of this, click right here:
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
In a more specific explanation, this means that:
1) You are free to share this story with anyone you like, provided you don’t change the document at all or profit from the distribution. (I will be placing a rights page like this at the beginning of the document, so they will be familiar with the license and don’t have to visit this page to read about it.)
2) You may print off copies of the book for personal use, but–again–may not profit from doing so.
3) You may not change the text of the work in any way, or imply that you wrote the book, or anything of that nature.
4) There is a no derivative works clause on this, since I don’t want people adding chapters to the end or altering the work in any way. However, I provide an exemption for fan art, provided you do not attach it to the document and clearly explain that the art is not mine or related officially to the project.
5) I also provide an exemption for fanfics, provided that–again–you do not attach them to this work or imply they are my work at all. In addition, by writing a fanfic with these characters, using this magic, or that is related to this work in any way, you waive all rights to that work. (In other words, you can’t write a BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE fanfic, then sue me for compensation if I happen to write something similar in the world in a sequel to the book. I’m not going to steal your ideas, but I’ve got to write something like this just in case. It’s every author’s nightmare to get sued for writing in their own worlds, and is one of the reasons so many of them are so afraid of fanfiction.)
6) The above also holds for any feedback or suggestions you give me regarding this work on my forums. By offering feedback, you waive all rights to those suggestions and waive all rights to compensation for your help. I love to get feedback. However, don’t sue me if I actually decide to take some of your suggestions!